Run/Walk for Aidan - 2006
When Michelle Weertman said she wanted to do something special for Mitch, Mindy, and Aidan, she wasn't kidding!
In only three weeks, she organized and put on the "Race for Aidan," a 5K run/walk held on August 19, 2006 at Wilburton Park in Bellevue, Washington.
And what a race! Over 300 people participated with approximately 189 runners and walkers competing. Complementing the run, were bracelets, t-shirts, and a bake sale.
According to Michelle, it was so much fun and such a great reunion for everyone, that they're going to make it an annual event.
Heartfelt thanks to Michelle, her partner Beth Terasaki and the following sponsors and volunteers, for putting on such an amazing event!
Volunteers and Sponsors
- Super Jock 'n Jill, Talking Rain, Newport Hills Red Apple with Western Family Water, Stanford Signs, Custom Ink, and Factoria Starbucks.
- John Hill, Tom Anderson, and Ty Whitten from Super Jock n" Jill for their expertise.
- Coaches: John Hill and Cliff Nixon (Bellevue High), Erica Hill (Mercer Island High), Caryn Heffernan, David Davis and Colleen Davis (Newport High), and Gwen Robertson (Issaquah High), for their skills in making the event run so smoothly.
- Fred Toy and his family for creating the logo and making the signs.
- Lawrie Robertson, our private photographer and race official.
- Course Volunteers and Crew including Abby and Rusty Adams-Moore, Karen Strohofer, Renia Jeffers, Tracey Herbst, Andrea and Bob Hutchins, Kathy Malone, the O'Brien Family, and many others.
And a special thanks to Erica Hill for her suggestion to Jim Cnockaert of the King County Journal. Jim wrote a wonderful article and David Nelson took wonderful photos about the race. This article has generated even more support for Aidan's trust fund.
Photos taken by Lawrie Robertson.