Run/Walk for Aidan - 2007
With fellow volunteers, the whirlwind known as Michelle organized and ran the very successful, second annual Run/Walk for Aidan at Wilburton Park in Bellevue, Washington. Over $8000 was raised from race participation, bake sale, t-shirts, and donations.
Participants chuckled as Aidan wandered around saying in amazement, "You have the same shirt as I do."
The t-shirt design was such a big hit with Aidan that he didn't take it off for two days. (Perhaps the police car on the front had something to do with that!)
Heartfelt family thanks to Michelle, all the volunteers, and the generous sponsors for continuing to organize such a celebratory event!
Volunteers and Sponsors
- Super Jock 'n Jill, Talking Rain, Newport Hills Red Apple with Western Family Water, and Factoria Starbucks.
- John Hill and Ty Whitten from Super Jock n" Jill for setting up the course.
- Coaches: Erica Hill (Mercer Island High), Caryn Heffernan and David Davis(Newport High), and Gwen Robertson (Issaquah High), for their race-running (both kinds) expertise.
- Lawrie Robertson, our excellent, private photographer and race official.
- Bake sale organizers Kathi Malone and Karen Strohover and all their volunteer bakers.
- Course Volunteers and Crew including Rusty Adams-Moore, Renia Jeffers, Kasey Koopmans, Stefanie Terasaki, Renee Weertman, Peter Weertman, Muntaha Saad, Rod Terasaki, and Beth Mueller, and many others.
- Beth Terasaki for moral and other support.
Photos taken by Lawrie Robertson.