2009 Sammamish High School Walk for AidanAn Incredible Day!
The 2007 Walkathon was a wonderful celebration of student involvement and community camaraderie. It was an event that seemed impossible to duplicate.
Once again, Sammamish High School students proved how capable, creative, and compassionate they are. This year's "Walk for Aidan" raised over $20,000 - an astounding accomplishment for
a one-day event in these economic times!
Read Paul Sutton's "after-the-event" letter to SHS.
Thank You All!
Watch the videos that SHS students created to publicize the Walk.
Students Peter Pham, Ali Khan, and their wonderful colleagues like Alix, Jillian, Emily, Nicole and Jenay, led the organization of the event, aided by SHS staff members Paul Sutton, Ian Duncan, Adrienne Curtis,
Jeff Bright, and Ken Kendrick.
- Over 275 students helped man booths, run events and concessions, wash cars, and make the event run smoothly.
- Jay Buhner and his two wonderful kids, Chase and Brielle, proved for the second time why the Buhner family is so admired in the Northwest.
- Kelly Jennings and Jamar Adams of the Seahawks were gracious and charming as they signed autographs and threw footballs for their fans.
- The Eastside Dance team performed cheers for the benefit of an enthusiastic crowd.
- Booths surrounded the athletic field, including henna painting, paper hat making, ball throw, cakewalk, interesting food, a fish pond, and a face-painting booth run by Tillicum Middle School students. (Mr. Leffler even brought his drums so Leffler Wannabees like Cat could practice.)
- Car Washers, including Tillicum Middle students supervised by Katherine Lamb (who is pregnant), braved the pavement, hot sun, and drizzly hoses as they helped raise money away from the activity (and food) center. Special kudos to them!
- The self-described "Reptile Guy with One Eye" was here agin to the delight and trepidation of all. The kids were fascinated with the snakes, turtle, iquana and alligator!
- Ken Kendrick, Mike Bussing, and their helpers again turned out a delicious barbecue.